About the Plan
Cities in Nevada are required to develop a master plan to guide future decisions about their physical development. Master plans identify current issues and needs in the community, and set forth goals, policies and actions to address issues. They also contain specific functional areas that address many different and complex aspects of urban and suburban development,including conservation, historic preservation, housing, land use, public facilities and services, recreation and open space, safety and transportation.
The city’s current 2020 Master Plan, adopted in 2000 and updated periodically over the following decade, sought to address the challenges of rapid growth and transformation during the 2000s and 2010s. Since many of the goals and policies from that plan were achieved, it is now time to plan how our community will look in the future. The master plan team is made up of the city of Las Vegas, and the Smith Group and includes an executive steering committee and a citizens advisory committee.
- April 5, 4 - 8 p.m. First Friday, South First Street at Boulder Avenue
- April 8, 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. College of Southern Nevada Charleston Campus, Building D Lobby, 6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
- April 13, 1 - 4 p.m. Beverly Green Block Party - Reformation Lutheran Church, 580 E St Louis Ave & 6 - 8 p.m. W2 Movie in the Park at Bruce Trent Park
- April 20, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. GREENfest, 1980 Festival Plaza Drive
- April 25, 5 - 7 p.m. Safe Summer Nights – McWilliams Elementary School
- April 26, 6 - 9 p.m. Modernism Show and Sale w/Nevada Preservation Foundation World Market Center Pavilion 2
- April 27, 11:30 - 3:30 p.m. Fantastic Indoor Swap Meet - 1717 S. Decatur Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 8902
- May 1, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. Safe Summer Nights – Reed Elementary School
- May 2, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. Safe Summer Nights – Wendell Elementary School
- May 3, 4 - 6 p.m. Safe Summer Nights – Hollingsworth Elementary School
- May 4, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Meadows Mall Cinco de Drinko - 4300 Meadows Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89107
- May 5, 1 - 6 p.m. Cinco de Mayo - Centennial Hills Park
- May 7, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. First Tuesday – LVMPD Bolden Area Command - 1851 Stella Lake Street, Las Vegas, NV 89106
- May 9, 5 - 7 p.m. Safe Summer Nights – Kelly Elementary School
- May 16, 5 - 7 p.m. Safe Summer Nights – Booker Elementary School
- May 17, 7 - 8:30 p.m. Ward 4 Movie in the Park - Garehime Heights, 3901 N. Campbell Road, Las Vegas, NV 89129
- June 1, 12 - 2 p.m. Ward 4 Summer Splash - Durango Hills YMCA, 3521 N. Durango Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89129